In Social Studies, students are wrapping up their research and moving onto creating their travel brochures for the city of their choice. Students will be given a rubric, checklist, and class work time to support their success on this project. The project will be due a week from today, though many students may be finished before the weekend.
In English, students are continuing with their novel study. The students should at this point be about half-way done with their novel, and should have written 5 mini-summaries and investigated 5 new vocabulary words. They should finish their novel study by next Monday, having finished reading the book and having written 10 mini-summaries and investigated 10 new vocabulary words.
Need to Know:
1. QUIZ Today11/16 – Location, Longitude, and Latitude
2. RETAKES during tutorials this week
– Asia Map Quiz
– Improvements made to society project essay
3. Society Projects need to be taken home by Wednesday
– I will inform students of this today and have them discuss with their groups
4. NOVEL finished by next Monday 11/23
5. Travel Brochure DUE next Monday 11/23
Homework this week:
– Read 30 minutes a day
– Finish novel study by end of weekend, including summaries and vocabulary words
– Finish city guide by end of weekend (if needed)
– How is your novel study book so far?
– What strategies will you use to find a new book once you’ve finished your novel study?
– What have you learned about research? What are the challenges? What are some helpful strategies?
– How have you been doing so far with the goals you set in English and Social Studies?
– What important events have happened in the world this week?