Hello everyone! We have officially made it to the final week of the semester!
Overview this Week:
We will have a quiz over elements of fiction today, our final assessment of the year!
Today and tomorrow, students will be revising their Cornerstone Writing Assessments. After they have revised and edited they will show me their improvements, and their writing will be re-graded. This will be their “official grade” for the cornerstone that will go into their English overall grade.
Students will also be working on making book trailers. The book trailers can be made individually or with others and will not be graded, but will be used as a tool to share book recommendations during second semester. Students will also be given class time to read independently and to check out books for reading over the break (it is important that students keep up their reading habits).
Need to Know:
1. Tuesday is the last tutorial of the Semester (for any redos/makeups)
2. Sports Day is this Thursday
3. Winter Break Party is this Friday
– Wayne Hamaguchi has sent an email requesting snacks and drinks
4. I hope to have all grades updated online by the end of the week
Homework this week:
– Read 30 minutes a day
– Choose enough books to read over the winter break!
– What are you reading now?
– What did you learn about writing through the Cornerstone essay writing and revising process?
– What sort of changes are you making to your Cornerstone during editing and revising?
– What personal goals did you accomplish this semester?
– What book are you making a book trailer for?
– What books do you plan to read over the break?