Overview this week:
In Social Studies, we are finalizing our study of the Materials Economy, this week focusing on sustainable solutions. We are working our way toward an interdisciplinary project at the end of the year. In English, students are beginning to write their scripts for a speech about a favorite book or genre from the semester.
Need to Know:
1. Summer Book Checkout is TOMORROW! (Wed. 5/11)
– PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT to help your student prepare for tomorrow.
– Students should bring back ALL LIBRARY BOOKS tomorrow to return or renew.
2. Quiz THIS Thurs 5/12 (Walker HB) and Fri 5/13 (McKnight HB) on Materials Economy.
3. Students are still working on their Genre Reading Goals for the month of May.
4. Genre Wheel Persuasive Speeches will begin the week of May 23rd.
Homework this week:
1. Read a minimum of 20-30 minutes a day
2. Genre Wheel Entries (for finished books)
– What are the stages of the Materials Economy?
– What are some of the negative effects of each stage?
– What makes a decision “sustainable”?
– What do you need to accomplish during your last month (May) of the genre wheel goal?