Overview this week:
In Social Studies, students are finalizing their research about how the Materials Economy impacts a biome that they have studied in science; they are learning about problems as well as finding and/or developing sustainable solutions. Over the next two weeks, they will be supported in all core subjects in order to write and perform a TED talk style speech on their topic.
In English, students will be giving their speeches about a favorite book or genre from the semester – students have been assigned to present on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday this week.
Need to Know:
1. This is the final week for students to work on their Genre Reading Goals.
– All genre entry forms should be finished by the beginning of next week.
2. Genre Wheel Persuasive Speeches are this week: May 24, 25, and 26.
3. Click HERE to see a video slideshow of our Future Forecast Convention!
Homework this week:
1. MONDAY NIGHT – FINISH PRESENTATION SLIDES
2. Read a minimum of 20-30 minutes a day
3. Genre Wheel Entries (for finished books)
– How does the Materials Economy relate to the Earth’s ecosystems?
– What are some “sustainable” solutions to problems in the Materials Economy?
– What have you learned while working on the genre wheel goal?
– What are some new genres and books that you have grown to love?